Portal Home > Knowledgebase > DNS > Edit Customer DNS Record
1) First we need to know where the client domain is located at
So we head to the web at http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp
type in the domain name in the box and search and in this case its called, BUSTERSDIRTSHOP.COM
2) the result should have the following:
Domain servers in listed order:
3) ssh into our NS1.alchemy.net
use your username and password login.
4) when you log in, the motd (message of the day) should give you the location
where to go to get into the name server.
5) go into the name server db location: cd /var/named/chroot/var/named/
6) find the client company name record, in the case [Medium Sized Monster]
Notes* client company name is available in the nocware ticket system
7) edit the client dns record, in this case db.bustersdirtshop.com
8) change serial number to YYYYMMDDSS
(SS=sequence number, you can add more if it get bigger then the 2 digit:
YYYYMMDDSSS. everytime you change your dns record you need to update
this because that's how it identify this as a change)
9) do what the customer request, in this case:
@ IN SOA ns1.alchemy.net. admin.bustersdirtshop.com. (
IN NS ns1.alchemy.net.
IN NS ns2.alchemy.net.
IN MX 10 Mail.Global.FrontBridge.com.
IN A 220.127.116.11
www IN A 18.104.22.168
mail IN A 22.214.171.124
catharsis IN A 126.96.36.199
blog IN CNAME ghs.google.com.
ms48813604 IN CNAME RED001.mail.microsoftonline.com.
10) save file and exit:
11) run the reload record command:
Note* you can find this line when you first login or cat /etc/motd
sudo /usr/sbin/rndc reload && sudo tail -f /var/log/messages
13) just for kicks, you can do query for mx record
13b) type in the domain bustersdirtshop.com
13c) you should see the result with
Reported by [ns2.alchemy.net] or [ns1.alchemy.net] on the [current date and time]
Add to Favourites Print this Article